The TR Town & Art Crawl is a grassroots event series highlighting the southern charm of Travelers Rest and bringing together our local business and arts community.This six-event series begins in May and runs through December and is always on a Friday night. We’ll have local artists along Main Street, live music performed at The Grove at Upcountry and a Kids Crawl area with art activities and games just for them. You guys, there will even be bicycle rickshaws available from Reedy Rivers.
Thought the season, you’ll have an opportunity to vote for in several Town’s Best competitions for restaurants or businesses. Each event will feature various highlights and themes – like the Pumpkin Chucking Team Competition in September. See what is going on in the upcoming Crawl!
You can also find us here
- MAY 19 Celebrating Mountain Life / Outdoor Adventures / Bicycle Events
- JUNE 16 Summer Fun / Fire Truck and Police Humvee / Sidewalk Chalk Exhibit / Town’s Best Ice Cream
- AUGUST 11 Back to School / Eclipse Fun / Gearing up for Game Day!
- SEPTEMBER 8 Fall Time is Here! / Kids Pumpkin Chunkin Contest / Town’s Best BBQ
- NOVEMBER 3 Town Talks! Hear from the Candidates as they debate the not so political questions / Last Chance for Crawl Cards
- DECEMBER 1 Together for the Holidays / Carol Sing / Tree Lighting around Town / Helping Feed Travelers Rest
December 1st Crawl Happenings
Come start your holidays with family and friends, enjoy the trees of Travelers Rest and help feed our community this holiday season! Join us Friday, December 1st from 5p-9p for fun along Main Street! We need your help in voting on the Best Dressed Tree, pick up your voting ballot at the gazebo (you can drop off a canned good then too!). Visit the businesses participating and admire the beauty of their decorated tree. You’ll provide a rating on your ballot. Likely, each business will have a small token of thanks for your visit. Finish your tour of the trees at TR Makers Co where you turn in your ballot. The trees will be up throughout December and we’ll let you know the winning tree on Saturday. Some participating businesses are TR Makers Co, Whistle Stop, FH Cigar, RetroMarketplace, Shortfield’s and White Rabbit Gallery.
Collecting Canned Goods! This month we are helping the North Greenville Crisis Ministry that serves our area stock up for the holidays. Bring any canned goods with an expiration date that is not past due more than 6 months to the Gazebo Friday night. They need canned green beans, mixed vegetables, carrots, peas, beans, tomatoes, and soup.
Need a ride or quick way to get from one end of the crawl to the other, hail a rickshaw! Call 864-373-1222 to snag a ride.
Events @ The Gazebo (Green space on Main Street in front of Gray Mare Antiques)
- Start your tour of Trees down Main Street! Pick up a ballot and help vote of the Best Dressed Tree in town.
Events @ City Center (Front Lawn outside My Sister’s Store)
Events @ Arts Square (Parking Lot of TR Makers Co and White Rabbit Gallery)
Artists Featured Along Main Street
Crawl Card Businesses
Go Visit our Crawl Card businesses for one last evening of shopping and eating!
- 10% off any purchase // All Weekend
- $1 off any Bag Coffee // CRAWL ONLY
- $1 off any purchase (beer by the glass, growler, merchandise) AND a free koozie // CRAWL ONLY
- $4 Swamp Rabbit Juice and Black Cherry Mojitos, plus $3 Spinach Dip and Pimento Cheese Dip Appetizers! // CRAWL ONLY
- Closed this Friday, but come visit their local art all weekend long.
- Always a FREE ride, jump on and take a trip from one point on the crawl to the next // CRAWL ONLY
- 10% off any purchase // CRAWL ONLY
- 20% OFF any purchase // CRAWL ONLY
- $20 Gift Card when you purchase $100 or more!// CRAWL ONLY
- 10% Off a Clothing Item // CRAWL ONLY
- $5 off all purchases of $30 or more – applies to by the glass and in stock bottle purchases // CRAWL ONLY
- Enjoy a walk through the gallery // All Weekend
- Come in and listen to the Jam Session // CRAWL ONLY
- Come listen to music on the rooftop. There will be surf and turf specials both Friday and Saturday night // All Weekend
- 10% off any purchase // CRAWL ONLY
Visit our crawl stops at each event! You can pick up a Crawl Card and event map at each of these locations.
Bumbyee Flowers and Seasonal – Copperhead Mountain Distillery – Downtown Divas – FH Cigar – Finnamores General Store & Market Place – Gray Mare Antiques – Goose Feathers – Homebody – My Sister’s Store Books and More – Pace Running Shop – Pink Mama’s – Prowse on Main – RetroMarketplace with Through The Looking Glass – Shortfields – Sidewall Pizza Company – Silver Lily Boutique – Sunrift Adventures – Swamp Rabbit Brewery and Taproom – Tandem – The Cafe @ Williams Hardware – The Tasting Room of Travelers Rest – Travelers Rest Makers Company – Tree House Cafe – Upcountry Provisions Bakery and Bistro – White Rabbit Gallery of Fine Art