The TR Town & Art Crawl is a grassroots event series highlighting the southern charm of Travelers Rest and bringing together our local business and arts community.This six-event series begins in May and runs through December and is always on a Friday night. We’ll have local artists along Main Street, live music performed at The Grove at Upcountry and a Kids Crawl area with art activities and games just for them. You guys, there will even be bicycle rickshaws available from Reedy Rivers.
Thought the season, you’ll have an opportunity to vote for in several Town’s Best competitions for restaurants or businesses. Each event will feature various highlights and themes – like the Pumpkin Chucking Team Competition in September. See what is going on in the upcoming Crawl!
You can also find us here
- MAY 19 Celebrating Mountain Life / Outdoor Adventures / Bicycle Events
- JUNE 16 Summer Fun / Fire Truck and Police Humvee / Sidewalk Chalk Exhibit / Town’s Best Ice Cream
- AUGUST 11 Back to School / Eclipse Fun / Gearing up for Game Day!
- SEPTEMBER 8 Fall Time is Here! / Kids Pumpkin Chunkin Contest / Town’s Best BBQ
- NOVEMBER 3 Town Talks! Hear from the Candidates as they debate the not so political questions / Last Chance for Crawl Cards
- DECEMBER 1 Together for the Holidays / Carol Sing / Tree Lighting / Hot Chocolate and Coffee
November 3rd Crawl Happenings
Town Talks with our candidates AND the last chance to take advantage of Crawl Card Deals! Join us Friday, November 3rd from 5p-9p for fun along Main Street! Visitors can pick up a Crawl Card at many of the local businesses which will give you a map and access to special deals and promotions happening during the crawl event. Remember this is the LAST month to fill in your crawl card. It doesn’t matter if you get one or twelve stickers, turn in your crawl card by November 10th to the TR Makers Co and you are entered for a chance to win the $100 town gift certificate!
This month we talk with the candidates running for city council and mayor in an event we are calling “Town Talks”. This is your chance to ask the hard hitting, not so political, questions like “Who’s your favorite Beatle?” or “When visiting the mountains what is the one thing you make sure to bring?”. We need your HELP! If you have a great question for the candidates, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then come out to the crawl November 3rd and listen in to see if the candidates answer your question. All the fun happens crawl night, November 3rd at 6:30p on the Gazebo green space. Remember to get out and vote Tuesday, November 7th! You really can make a difference in how your small town grows.
Need a ride or quick way to get from one end of the crawl to the other, hail a rickshaw! Call 864-373-1222 to snag a ride.
Events @ The Gazebo (Green space on Main Street in front of Gray Mare Antiques)
- The debate will begin at 6:30p with City Council candidates up first followed by our Mayoral candidates. Questions will come from you. Please submit your questions to email@example.com
Events @ City Center (Front Lawn outside My Sister’s Store)
Events @ The Grove at Upcountry Provisions (Front Lawn outside My Sister’s Store)
Events @ Arts Square (Parking Lot of TR Makers Co and White Rabbit Gallery)
Artists Featured Along Main Street
Crawl Deals for November
Take advantage of these deals from businesses along Main Street! Present your Crawl Card at each of the businesses below to receive these special offers. Please note that offers may be valid during the crawl only, Friday 5p-9p, or all weekend long, Friday through Sunday of the crawl weekend.
- 10% off any purchase // All Weekend
- $1 off any Bag Coffee // CRAWL ONLY
- $1 off any purchase (beer by the glass, growler, merchandise) AND a free koozie // CRAWL ONLY
- $4 Swamp Rabbit Juice and Black Cherry Mojitos, plus $3 Spinach Dip and Pimento Cheese Dip Appetizers! // CRAWL ONLY
- Closed this Friday, but come visit their local art all weekend long.
- Always a FREE ride, jump on and take a trip from one point on the crawl to the next // CRAWL ONLY
- 10% off any purchase // CRAWL ONLY
- 20% OFF any purchase // CRAWL ONLY
- $20 Gift Card when you purchase $100 or more!// CRAWL ONLY
- 10% Off a Clothing Item // CRAWL ONLY
- $5 off all purchases of $30 or more – applies to by the glass and in stock bottle purchases // CRAWL ONLY
- Enjoy a walk through the gallery // All Weekend
- Come in and listen to the Jam Session // CRAWL ONLY
- Come listen to music on the rooftop. There will be surf and turf specials both Friday and Saturday night // All Weekend
- 10% off any purchase // CRAWL ONLY
Visit our crawl stops at each event! You can pick up a Crawl Card and event map at each of these locations.
Bumbyee Flowers and Seasonal – Copperhead Mountain Distillery – Downtown Divas – FH Cigar – Gray Mare Antiques – Goose Feathers – Leopard Forest Coffeehouse – Homebody – My Sister’s Store Books and More – Pace Running Shop – Pink Mama’s – Prowse on Main – RetroMarketplace with Through The Looking Glass – Shortfields – Sidewall Pizza Company – Silver Lily Boutique – Sunrift Adventures – Swamp Rabbit Brewery and Taproom – Tandem – The Cafe @ Williams Hardware – The Tasting Room of Travelers Rest – Travelers Rest Makers Company – Upcountry Provisions Bakery and Bistro – White Rabbit Gallery of Fine Art