The TR Town & Art Crawl is a grassroots event series highlighting the southern charm of Travelers Rest and bringing together our local business and arts community.This six-event series begins in May and runs through December and is always on a Friday night. We’ll have local artists along Main Street, live music performed at The Grove at Upcountry and a Kids Crawl area with art activities and games just for them. You guys, there will even be bicycle rickshaws available from Reedy Rivers.
Thought the season, you’ll have an opportunity to vote for in several Town’s Best competitions for restaurants or businesses. Each event will feature various highlights and themes – like the Pumpkin Chucking Team Competition in September. See what is going on in the upcoming Crawl!
You can also find us here
- MAY 19 Celebrating Mountain Life / Outdoor Adventures / Bicycle Events
- JUNE 16 Summer Fun / Town’s Best Ice Cream
- AUGUST 11 Gearing Up for Game Day / Town’s Best BBQ
- SEPTEMBER 8 Tractors Harvest Time / Apple Picking / Pumpkin Chucking Contest
- NOVEMBER 3 Classic Cars and Drive In Movies / Retro / Town’s Best Burger
- DECEMBER 1 Together for the Holidays / Carol Sing / Tree Lighting / Hot Chocolate and Coffee
May 19th Crawl Happenings
This month’s TR Town & Art Crawl is focused on Celebrating Mountain Life and Outdoor Adventures. There will be a bicycle drag race happening too, beginning at Gateway Park. The Village Wrench will be out at the gazebo area showing you how to maintain your bike, talking about the programs to help kids, teens and adults learn how to do their own bike maintenance. The conference bike which allows eight people to ride at one time will also be in the gazebo area available to ride along the trail!
The bike race is being presented with US SORBA and is sponsored by Sunrift. The Dual Slalom Drag Race will begin at Gateway Park at 5:45. There is a $5 entry fee for the race, with brackets for juniors and men and women. (The entry fee goes right back into funding the maintenance of bike trails in the Upstate.) There will be fun prizes available for racers too! For more information about the race, call Jonathon LaRoy 803-351-7995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need a ride or quick way to get from one end of the crawl to the other, hail a rickshaw! Call 864-373-1222 to snag a ride.
Events @ The Gazebo
Events @ Gateway Park
Events @ TR Makers Co
Artists Featured Along Main Street
Crawl Deals for May
Take advantage of these deals from businesses along Main Street! Present your Crawl Card at each of the businesses below to receive these special offers. Please note that offers may be valid during the crawl only, Friday 5p-9p, or all weekend long, Friday through Sunday of the crawl weekend.
- 10% off all Block Printed Tanks and Tees // All Weekend
- Buy any specialty coffee drink and get a second one FREE! // CRAWL ONLY
- $1 off any purchase (beer by the glass, growler, merchandise) AND a free koozie // CRAWL ONLY
- Half off Swamp Rabbit Juice and Black Cherry Mojitos! // CRAWL ONLY
- Come participate in the artist reception for Sharon Berg, watercolorist, featured at the Cafe. // CRAWL ONLY
- Always a FREE ride, jump on and take a trip from one point on the crawl to the next // CRAWL ONLY
- Come listen to music at the Grove // CRAWL ONLY
- 20% OFF Friday // CRAWL ONLY
- Pandora-style Sterling silver and Murano glass bracelet beads only $1 with any purchase of $5 or more – Regularly $10 each, while supply lasts // All Weekend
- All short sleeve and sleeveless Trapeze dresses are $5 OFF
- $5 off all purchases of $30 or more – applies to by the glass and in stock bottle purchases // CRAWL ONLY
- Enjoy a walk through the gallery // All Weekend
- Come in and listen to the Jam Session // CRAWL ONLY
- Come listen to Carolina Highway on the rooftop. There will be surf and turf specials both Friday and Saturday night // All Weekend
- Buy 2 Sale Items get 1 FREE // All Weekend
- 10% off any purchase // CRAWL ONLY
Visit our crawl stops at each event! You can pick up a Crawl Card and event map at each of these locations.
Bumbyee Flowers and Seasonal – Copperhead Mountain Distillery – Downtown Divas – FH Cigar – Gray Mare Antiques – Goose Feathers – Leopard Forest Coffeehouse – Homebody – My Sister’s Store Books and More – Pace Running Shop – Pink Mama’s – Prowse on Main – RetroMarketplace with Through The Looking Glass – Shortfields – Sidewall Pizza Company – Silver Lily Boutique – Sunrift Adventures – Swamp Rabbit Brewery and Taproom – The Cafe @ Williams Hardware – The Tasting Room of Travelers Rest – Travelers Rest Makers Company – Upcountry Provisions Bakery and Bistro – White Rabbit Gallery of Fine Art