The TR Town & Art Crawl is a grassroots event series highlighting the southern charm of Travelers Rest and bringing together our local business and arts community.This six-event series begins in May and runs through December and is always on a Friday night. We’ll have local artists along Main Street, live music performed at The Grove at Upcountry and a Kids Crawl area with art activities and games just for them. You guys, there will even be bicycle rickshaws available from Reedy Rivers.
Thought the season, you’ll have an opportunity to vote for in several Town’s Best competitions for restaurants or businesses. Each event will feature various highlights and themes – like the Pumpkin Chucking Team Competition in September. See what is going on in the upcoming Crawl!
You can also find us here
- MAY 19 Celebrating Mountain Life / Outdoor Adventures / Bicycle Events
- JUNE 16 Summer Fun / Fire Truck and Police Humvee / Sidewalk Chalk Exhibit / Town’s Best Ice Cream
- AUGUST 11 Gearing Up for Game Day / Town’s Best BBQ
- SEPTEMBER 8 Tractors Harvest Time / Apple Picking / Pumpkin Chucking Contest
- NOVEMBER 3 Classic Cars and Drive In Movies / Retro / Town’s Best Burger
- DECEMBER 1 Together for the Holidays / Carol Sing / Tree Lighting / Hot Chocolate and Coffee
June 16th Crawl Happenings
Let’s kick off summer with Towns Best Ice Cream tasting and many other summer fun activities happening at the TR Town & Art Crawl this month. The competition between restaurants and individuals will take place at the Gazebo in downtown Travelers Rest on June 16, 2017 between 6pm and 8pm. Tasting spoons are $2 and all the proceeds raise from this tasting will go back into the community through the services of the North Greenville Food Crisis Ministry.
Along with the Towns Best Ice Cream tasting, the upcoming June crawl will also feature the Travelers Rest Fire and Police Departments. In the heart of downtown Main Street, kids will have the opportunity to touch and look at the fire and rescue engine as well as the police Humvee. Activities along the crawl route also include visiting with local artists, traveling through the sidewalk chalk exhibit, and music at The Grove and outside Sidewall Pizza Company. Visitors can pick up a Crawl Card at many of the local businesses which will give you a map and access to special deals and promotions happening during the crawl event. The Friday evening happenings begin at 5pm and continue till 9pm.
Need a ride or quick way to get from one end of the crawl to the other, hail a rickshaw! Call 864-373-1222 to snag a ride.
Events @ Sidewall Pizza Company
Events @ The Gazebo (Across from Grey Mare Antiques)
Events @ The Grove (Just past Upcountry Provisions Bakery and Bistor)
Events @ City Center (Front Lawn outside My Sister’s Store)
Events @ Arts Square (Parking Lot of TR Makers Co and White Rabbit Gallery)
Artists Featured Along Main Street
Crawl Deals for June
Take advantage of these deals from businesses along Main Street! Present your Crawl Card at each of the businesses below to receive these special offers. Please note that offers may be valid during the crawl only, Friday 5p-9p, or all weekend long, Friday through Sunday of the crawl weekend.
- 10% off any purchase // All Weekend
- Buy any specialty coffee drink and get a second one FREE! // CRAWL ONLY
- $1 off any purchase (beer by the glass, growler, merchandise) AND a free koozie // CRAWL ONLY
- $4 Swamp Rabbit Juice and Black Cherry Mojitos, plus $3 Spinach Dip and Pimento Cheese Dip Appetizers! // CRAWL ONLY
- Come view local art inspired by the colors red, white and blue, featured at the Cafe. // CRAWL ONLY
- Always a FREE ride, jump on and take a trip from one point on the crawl to the next // CRAWL ONLY
- Come listen to music at the Grove // CRAWL ONLY
- 20% OFF any purchase // CRAWL ONLY
- Large selection of vintage/antique cookie jars 1/2 off regular price // All Weekend
- Hanging Star Lanterns only $10 // CRAWL ONLY
- $5 off all purchases of $30 or more – applies to by the glass and in stock bottle purchases // CRAWL ONLY
- Enjoy a walk through the gallery // All Weekend
- Come in and listen to the Jam Session // CRAWL ONLY
- Come listen to music on the rooftop. There will be surf and turf specials both Friday and Saturday night // All Weekend
- Select Purses 30-50% Off plus Buy 2 Sale Items get 1 FREE // All Weekend
- 10% off any purchase // CRAWL ONLY
Visit our crawl stops at each event! You can pick up a Crawl Card and event map at each of these locations.
Bumbyee Flowers and Seasonal – Copperhead Mountain Distillery – Downtown Divas – FH Cigar – Gray Mare Antiques – Goose Feathers – Leopard Forest Coffeehouse – Homebody – My Sister’s Store Books and More – Pace Running Shop – Pink Mama’s – Prowse on Main – RetroMarketplace with Through The Looking Glass – Shortfields – Sidewall Pizza Company – Silver Lily Boutique – Sunrift Adventures – Swamp Rabbit Brewery and Taproom – The Cafe @ Williams Hardware – The Tasting Room of Travelers Rest – Travelers Rest Makers Company – Upcountry Provisions Bakery and Bistro – White Rabbit Gallery of Fine Art