- This event has passed.
Friends of Bald Rock Clean Up Day
May 19 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Litter Pick up: Pickup sticks, bags, gloves, water and snacks will be provided. You might want to bring a camp chair to take a break. All litter will be taken to a recycling center at the end of the event. Please avoid the pressure washing area. Be sure to sign a liability waiver before beginning work!
Bring your machines, gas and at least 150′ of garden hose. If you do not have experience, free on-the-job training will be provided.
- Take breaks as you need them.
- Never fill gas tanks more than half full to prevent the engine from flooding on the uneven surface of the rock.
- Be sure to work at a safe distance from each other. Stay at least 20′ to 30′ apart. If the paint is not readily coming up, move on to another area.
- Never aim the wand at anyone or yourself. We use concrete nozzles and coming into contact with the spray can cause significant bodily harm. Do not attempt to clean your hands or shoes with the wand.
- Wear closed shoes (boots recommended) and long pants; safety glasses and ear protection.
- And always, safety first. We love this rock, but we love you more.