So, you’re at home and practicing social distancing. Well maybe it would help to have a few resources your kids can use. Here’s a list that you’ll have a hard time getting through. As always, check the site out before you let your littles onto it. Most have come from school recommended sources and some from my author friends. Hope this helps a bit with the cabin fever.
- This link will take you to a ton of author read alouds.
- This outrageously long google doc will take you to a chart of kid friendly read alouds and activities.
- Here’s one for my read alouds and activities https://www.melindalong.com/clips-and-activities
- Captain Underpants, author/illustrator daily drawing class https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/03/30/captain-underpants-dav-pilkey-drawing-classes-library-of-congress/?fbclid=IwAR3KukwYAjSzXIU8wbKU49gNIRWdC793Q7OQM-Q6-bMuNoaAp8Ndm7m1eTM
- Author read alouds, https://www.weareteachers.com/virtual-author-activities/
- Patricia Polacco daily read alouds https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=patricia+polacco+
- This is mostly a teacher site, but there are links for remote teaching. https://www.booksourcebanter.com/
- This is a “survivalist’s” lesson plan from author/illustrator Dan Santat. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bob5l36h7vkbe8c/AABqupBSK1UqEK-pWI51NqC-a?dl=0
- Some of the following are paid services but are offering some activities for free during the shelter in place time.
|11. A list of free activities
12. Scholastic Magazines online for free:
13. Time for Kids subscription https://time.com/tfk-free/
- ABDO digital Ebooks available for free thru May 31 for students
http://abdodigital.com/ user is Spring password is 2020.
- Sebco ebooks www.sebcobooks.com free thru 6/30
User Name: keepreading | Password: sebco | ID#: 1
- Junior Library Guild https://www.juniorlibraryguild.com/at-home Elem, Middle, and High ebooks
- www.scdiscus.org has access to Tumblebooks free online to SC residents. TeenBookCloud has been added!
- Free full reads or excerpts of Teen and YA books https://rivetedlit.com/free-reads/
- Free YA and teen ebooks https://lbfranklin.schoolloop.com/books
- Read alouds, virtual tours and field trips https://www.btsb.com/educational-resources-main-tab-landing-page/
There are plenty more, and as I find them, I’ll add them to this blog.
Thanks to Riley Grant, Amy Bowlin, Meagan Hawkins, and so many of my writer and teacher friends.